I have found it very interesting in speaking to Kid-Capsule users that different people have different ways of using the app.
I will be posting a couple of ways I love to use Kid-Capsule but I also want to hear from you and the great ways you choose to use the app and interpret the different categories. The goal is to inspire other people to keep track of the amazing moments they share with their kids.
- Whimsical Words: I have a toddler so you can imagine the amazingly creative and funny things that come out of her mouth. This is the thing I most love to record at this stage in her journey through life and something I hope to share with her when she is older. I bet she will get a kick out of it. I mostly use the phrases sub-category to record these moments. I use this category for different things, such as when:
- She says the darndest thing: “Look! It’s the lizard family!” when she saw a group of lizards in a garden
- She doesn’t quite know her pronouns: “You’re being a dinosaur” instead of saying “I’m”
- She starts using the correct word: She finally said “I want” instead of “You want”
- Incredible Growth: I know it’s cliché but the truth is that they grow up extremely fast. I like to use this category to record the moments in which an item of clothing doesn’t fit her anymore. I attach a picture of that item for posterity.
- Keen Brains: Specifically the read sub-category. It doesn’t have to be used only when they start reading books it can also be used when they start to understand letter sounds and their place in language. For example, the other day she said the following: “O is for Owl and B is for Búho” (búho is owl in spanish), it goes well in the Whimsical Word category but I thought this was a better fit.
If you would like to share your ways of using Kid-Capsule go to our Contact section and drop us a line. We will publish your ideas for others to enjoy!